Friday, March 29, 2013

classic rock friday

I have grown a love for classic rock the past few years.  I don't usually listen to the radio (mainly I listen to my iPod in the car) but when I do I only listen to classic rock stations because of how terrible popular new music is.  I will admit to being a music snob.  most trendy music is so awful I don't understand how anyone can enjoy it.  it either bores me because of its repetitiveness and predictability or annoys me with its dance beat or cheesy lyrics and I have to turn it off.  classic rock very rarely has that effect on me.  in my opinion there is new music that is as good as classic rock, but it is not anything that would be on a top 20 chart.  you have to find it yourself.  those alive in the 60's and 70's were lucky because the popular music that was played on the radio was actually good music.  they didn't have to work hard to find it.  i think that is why so many people that were alive then are stuck in those decades because they don't know that there is good new music because they only know what is played on the radio.

anyways enough of my little tangent! i want to feature a classic rock artist here once a week.. hopefully every Friday.  they will mainly be from the 60's, 70's, and 80's. this week's artist is a folk rock musician named Donovan.  he is very similar to Bob Dylan but better looking and with a better voice (not that I dislike Dylan's!) you probably have heard a few of his songs like "mellow yellow" but may not have known who the artist was. 

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgtW9kKp12vMPR7vk_JZT0Gcj2d2AUHT8thwczVDhlG3zLfLKVzmg6yJmmq8OHxKyB6sKjxzRQw2LhCj6JBDoS4K78aLcuvSyoobPc2jGaoX3APvAZ4ATn4gY4thyPSRxZlPC-FKugyybpz/s1600/Donovan.jpg

The image “file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/James%20Reid/Desktop/donovan05.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

http://0.tqn.com/d/losangeles/1/0/7/9/-/-/donovan.jpg
I feel like he is a highly underrated artist and that is why I am featuring him! here are a couple videos of two of my favorites of his. I love watching him sing even if the sound isn't the greatest.

catch the wind 1964.


colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment